Saturday, March 31, 2018

Scrapbook Layout "Let me count the ways" //Paige Evans stamps

Hi Crafty friends...I am sharing another layout created using the new stamp set from Paige Evans.  I was inspired by a layout Paige Evans created this this same stamp set where she stamped questions she asked her daughter and then the answers. 
The hot air balloon shape is actually the negative portion I cut from my Silhouette Cameo...  The inside of the hot air balloon was the cut file I originally planned to use, but figured the negative part was useable too! Don't thrown anything away!!
 
The words I stamped are all of the nicknames I use for my daughter....she isn't thrilled with all of my nicknames, but I am her mother and I think I am allowed! :)
 
These were all of the inks I used to stamp the words and as you can see, I wasn't limited to one brand of inks...I was choosing inks based on color alone.  This took me quite a long time, but completely worth it!!
 
 
Before adding my title, I really felt like something was missing, so I decided to stitch the outline in black thread...that it exactly what it needed!
My title was original going to be "Shyanne" which is her name, but decided the layout needed something more on the left side and didn't want to add more mixed media. 
The white foam letters and the small letter stickers in my title are from Pink Paislee Paige Evans "Pick me up" collection...I love these foam letters and I think I will have to buy another set soon....


A couple of years ago, my mother bought my daughter her own stamp with her name because there are never any stamps with her name with that spelling..however, it is a wood block stamp and I was very nervous about stamping this...I didn't want to mess it up after all of the other stamping I had already done!!
 

 
 
I filled in the empty spaces with hearts from Bella blvd, freckled fawn, & pinkfresh studio and flair from Cuts2Luv...I also added a purple heart flair from A flair for buttons by my photo. and of course....I needed to add some colored thread under my flair.
 

 
 
I "sprinkled" stars from Pink fresh Studio...I love their new puffy hearts and stars...I love all of the different sizes in the package and the texture and the colors...what can I say.. I love them!!
 
 
Around my photo, I added some watercolor paints from my Prima Confections set and layered my photo over some old frames from my stash and a paper bag I received some flair in...I keep all of those!
 
I struggled a lot with the bottom of my hot air balloon for some reason, but ended up with layering some pretty papers created by Irit with Hip Kit Club and stitched some "X's" for some texture similar to  a real basket....I really wanted to include one the tassels, and the end result is not what I had intended, but I am happy with the way it looks...I just wrapped some twine around the last bit of scrap from the same patterned paper and hung the tassel from that....check out my video linked below to see how I came to that result!  ideas are never perfect the first time and sometimes you have to make mistakes to get to some thing you like...
 
lastly, I added some sequins from Pretty Pink posh and some platters from the Prima watercolors ....I had a great time making this! I hope you like it too.  Please check out my YouTube video linked below...Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...