Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Scrapbook Layout "Create Something Beautiful" for CSI April challenge

 
Hi, friends....I have another layout to share with you...it is of my dream and very own craft space!  We moved four years ago and at our first house, I had all of my stash in my living room and had to create at my dining room table...I know that many are forced to do that, but it was not preferable!!  I was so happy when we moved to our current house and I had my very own room with a door!!
 
This layout came together from so many inspirations...one being my love for my creative space and another from the case file #252 from CSI: color, stories, inspiration.... you can check out their blog for more details, but the clues in the case that spoke to me was primarily the image of the rooms and one of the testimony journaling prompts was to document something about my home....Since I have been holding on the idea of creating a layout to document my craft room for so long, I thought this was the perfect time to get it done!
Below is the image included on the CSI blog case file details....
 
I know the colors in my layout don't match the case file color scheme exactly, but I loved the contrast of the black and white against the yellow and once I started added color, I couldn't stop with just yellow....
 
I started with a small polka dot patterned paper from Dear Lizzy and ripped the back of the paper to add the strips to the bottom and top of the layout.
I layered my photo with some journaling cards from  my stash and centered in the page.
I added a layer of clear gesso and smooshed some ink from Shimmerz and Heidi Swapp to the four corners. Plus, I splattered the same inks.
Then, fussy cut these beautiful flowers from an Amy Tan patterned paper to layer in a row on the top and bottom.
 
I added color coordinating flair to each corner of the page....
 
 I used small letter stickers from Paige Evans sticker book to note the year we moved in and my craft space was created! The yellow flair button is from Cuts2Luv.

 The title of my page is a sticker from Pink Paislee.
 I added my journaling to a tag and then tucked it under my photo and layers then added some twine. Plus, I had been holding on the little scissors sticker from Tim Holtz for so long and this was the perfect page to add it too!!  This flair button is also from Cuts2Luv.
 This flair is also from Cuts2Luv.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you liked my project and found some inspiration.
Check out the CSI blog for more challenges and decide to try and solve your own case too! 
I did not create a process video for this layout, but if you have any questions, please let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible!
 Have a great day.


11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout! I love the contrast between the black & white elements and the colourful Shimmerz inks on the background. Those fussy cut flowers create such an eye-pleasing border. Love the pretty flairs. You must be so pleased with your new scraproom. Lucky girl ☺. Thank you for joining us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments! I really appreciate it! I am very pleased with my craft space... it makes it very easy to create and be inspired! 😊

      Delete
  2. What a pretty layout, I love all the fussy cut flowers. Thanks for joining us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the fussy cutting and the splashes of colors. It looks like you have a wonderful craft room! Thanks for joining us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate the support! It is a wonderful space and I am very grateful. 😊

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous flowers! All the fussycutting is very effective great layout! Thanks for solving the case file at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments! I really appreciate the support!

      Delete
  6. Your scraproom is gorgeous! Love how you've tucked all those fussy-ct flowers behind that black polka dot paper. Great paint-y background and layering! So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! I appreciate it!

      Delete

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...