Saturday, March 17, 2018

Scrapbook Layout "Heaven Sent"

Hi, crafty friends....I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
I have another scrapbook layout to share with you using the beautiful Pink Paislee Moonstruck collection...this is my first layout using this collection because I have been trying really hard to use my older stash, but I couldn't pass it up any longer....I love all of the colors in this collection and the patterns!!
 
I started with the title which is chipboard and I have had it for a very long time....I mean years and year...and I pulled it out to leave on my desk because I can see it and won't forget about it and as soon as I come across a picture that works with it, then voila!!
I also recently downloaded a bunch of free cut files over at Paper Issues and this moon & stars was perfect for this page!  I backed the moon part with the gorgeous dark butterfly pp and backed the open starts with the black & white striped pattern that was on the opposite side of the butterflies.
 
The background pp is perfect the way it is and I didn't add much to it except for some ink splatters & translucent embossing paste from Dreamweavers....it provides texture, but subtle and in the light has a beautiful shine.  I used it with one of my absolute fave stencils from Prima!
 

I added some gold stars from my stash as well to layer under the cut file stars.  For the white stars, I broke out my Shimmerz Blings and painted the outline of the moon and all of the stars on the cut file.  I love the shine!!
 The chipboard title is embossed with Ranger's Gold Tinsel embossing powder....you can't see it well in a picture, but the gold sparkle is beautiful!!! I love it the shine...but first, to provide a clean slate, I painted it with my Dylusions white paint....I used this instead of white gesso because the coverage it so much better and with gesso, I would have to add 2-3 coats...plus this paint dries so fast!
 
I used some of the clear stickers and pieces from the ephemera pack to layer around and under my photo.  I also used some feathers I had in my stash for a long time...I believe they are from an old Heidi Swapp collection...they are embossed already and you ink or spray them to reveal the embossed pattern...I have a few more, but I think I will be able to use them up with this collection since there are already feathers included.
 
I finished up my layout with some puffy hearts from Freckled Fawn & Pink Fresh Studio as well as some gorgeous clear sparkly jewels from Lucy's Little Things...
 

I am so pleased with the way it turned out and I have to say it is a little simpler than a typical layout of mine.  I wanted to add so much more because all of the pieces in this collection are beautiful, but I am glad I stopped when I did....because you don't have to add everything to one layout, right??
 
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you'd like to see my whole process, please check out my YouTube video linked below...
Have a great weekend!!

https://youtu.be/_gJOPUABC6M

No comments:

Post a Comment

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...