Sunday, March 4, 2018

February 2018 Layout Share

 
Hello friends...Thanks for stopping by!
Below are some of the layouts I created recently for several reason and did not record process videos for them, but still wanted to share them with you.
 
The first three are layouts I created to submit for the Simple Stories design team call.  Unfortunately, I wasn't selected this time, but still enjoyed making them anyway! maybe next time...I have had so much funs digging in to my stash lately and fell in love all over again with the older SS collections!  You may recognize them...
 
The first one is of my daughter and this collection is filled with so many empowering words and positive affirmations and thought it was appropriate for my daughter....I also included some white cut files from Wilna Furstenburg and Jen Schow.  I left them white because there was already so much color and I think they pop.  I finished it off with some puffy stickers from Freckled Fawn and Maggie Holmes.
 

 
The second one is one of favorite SS Collections, Vintage Bliss!  I have so much still in my stash including all of those brads!!  I added some circles in the background with my gelatos, then began poking....It felt so good to use all of these brads....do you have a big brad stash?? use em up!!
I finished the layout with some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and my title is from a Maggie Holmes sticker sheet.
 
This next layout is also from the Vintage Bliss collection and I used a cut file from the Silhouette store.  This technique isn't anything new, but timeless....when a collection has so many beautiful patterned papers, it makes sense to back all of the hearts with them.
The background was created my Shimmerz and Heidi Swapp paints used stickers from Maggie Holmes to embellish and my title. 
 

 
The last Simple Stories layout is of my parents and decided to create a grid layout because I had so many of the 4x6 cards left.  I love the way it looks...finished it off with some puffy flower stickers from 1Canoe2.
 


The next three layouts are using Pretty Little Studio products...love the colors in their collections! The first one is of my husband and me on a date night....I backed all of the flowers in the Silhouette cut file with their gorgeous pp and then backed the lo with black cardstock for contrast....so pleased with it.  all of the products on this layout is from PLS except for the sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and puffy stickers from Bella BLVD and Freckled Fawn.




The next layout is one of my faves....since Pretty Little Studio papers are only available 8X8, you have to come up with creative ways to create layouts.  I cut the pretty papers in to squares and used my sewing machine to sew vertically and horizontally.  Two of the squares I used their vellum paper to create mini shaker pockets...then I layered some of their die cuts and stickers to finish the layout.  
 
The next layout I used a cut file from Paper Issues and submitted for one of their challenges.
I love the way it turned out....I finished the layout with some hearts from Doodlebug.
 


 
This layout is using a Silhouette cut file  cut from white cardstock and Cocoa Vanilla studio products...I had a great time coloring the wreath with my Shimmerz paints, then I popped it up on fun foam.  I used stickers from the same collection and a wood veneer from Michaels to use as my title.  I prepped with gesso then painted it to match.
 
This layout I dug out a bunch of flowers from my stash I had created with my own stamps and dies....I love the way it turned out and that I as able to use them up!  Anyone can create their own embellishments for their crafty projects with dies and stamps...and plus, you can customize their color to fit any color scheme!!

 
This is an oldie, but goodie....this Kaisercraft collection is several years old and this layout pretty much busted through it!  I used the branding strips to layer across the top and then machine stitched through them.  I cut out the large camera and photo strip from a 12x12 paper and popped it up on fun foam.  The long title I created from Dear Lizzy, Maggie Holmes, and freckled fawn products.  I finished the layout with flair from The Flair shop, Maggie Holmes stickers, wood veneer from Hip Kit Club.
 



The next layout I created after watching on of Paige Evans Big Picture Classes.  I wont go in to too much details because you should check out the class for yourself, but I enjoyed watching Paige Evan's classes!
 


This last layout is another layout using Cocoa Vanilla Studio products.  I created the background with a Tim Holtz stencil and Distress Oxide ink and Shimmerz paints...love it!!
The hearts were cut on my Silhouette and I had so much fun layering them with all of the beautiful die cuts from this collection.  The title is stitched down with my sewing machine and I am so happy with the way it turned out!

 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  If you would like to hear more about these pages, you can check out my layout share video linked below.  Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...