Thursday, February 22, 2018

Happy Mother's Day Scrapbook Layout

 
Hi, crafty friends!! I am back with another layout using the Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic collection...slowly, but surely, I am working through my stash!!
Since the last layout using this collection left me with a bunch of odd shaped patterned papers, I needed to come up with a design that still allowed me to use them...
That said, since this is a layout a of my mom...she reminds me of home and quilts remind me of home....now, let me say...she does not make quilts, nor do I...but it made since in my head.
I cut strips of the papers and cut in to 2" squares, then triangles and laid them across my page...this took a long time, but totally worth it! 
 
 
I was even able to incorporate some of the matching brads which I was thankful for...I just don't think of using brads much anymore which is sad, but they are kind of a pain to attach, right?

I used some puffy hearts from Freckled Fawn and some flair from A flair for Buttons.
And since, I have enjoyed flipping through my new, (sort of) Paige Evans sticker book, I have been using on my past several layout!  flowers..hearts...phrase stickers...love it all! I even used the small alpha stickers to complete my title.

  I know, I know, the title isn't too original, but that's what the story was about...and I was happy to finalize use of the last stickers I had from the Crate Paper sticker sheet...it matches so perfectly!
 To finish the "quilt" look, I stitched all throughout the pieces.  I love the way it turned out!
 Lastly, I finished the layout with some sequins scattered about the page and some Heidi Swapp color shine and Shimmerz...love me some splatters!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed the pictures and were inspired to "quilt" your own background!  you can see my whole process at my YouTube channel linked below..


No comments:

Post a Comment

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...