Thursday, February 8, 2018

"Snow day" scrapbook page

"Snow Day" 12 x 12 scrapbook page
 
Hi, crafty friends.  I have another snowy scrapbook page to share with you featuring Pretty Little Studio Winter Joy collection.  I absolutely love this collection and after the past couple of layouts, I still have enough left for one or more projects!
 I started with a sheet of white cardstock from American crafts and added some gesso so it would hold up when I added my mixed media.  I used a mix of Shimmerz sprays, gelatos, and my Kuretake watercolors to get the exact colors to match this collection...the blue-purple was a challenge, but Kuretake palette has a perfect color as does Shimmerz called Blue jeans. 
 To create the hearts, I used my heart die set from Kat Scrappiness which includes (5) stacked hearts with faux stitching around the edge and I love them!!
 All of the hearts were cut from PLS patterned papers and the three hearts with blue stars are actually from the card in the packaging from the embellishments.  Their packaging always has cute patterns and I keep them all because you can use those cards for layering and creating your embellishments! Don't throw anything away!
 
 
The white die cut with "Reindeer are better than people" are from a The Cut Shoppe cut file which I backed with a piece of vellum.  I colored vellum with a gelato to make sure it stood out. 
The "magic" flair button is from Cuts2luv on Etsy.  She has such beautiful and unique flair buttons.
I created two different size shaker pockets with the same heart die and a piece of the reindeer transparency.  I backed them with vellum and stitched them closed after stuffing them with sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and others from Michaels.

I cut some hearts in just vellum to layer on the page and love the little bit of texture they add.

I also included a couple of snowflakes and die cuts from PLS in the shaker pockets as well.

My photo was also cut with the largest die from Kat Scrappiness. 
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you found some inspiration from this layout!
If you have any questions about the products I used or the details in this layout, please leave me a comment and I will get back to you right away.
If you want to watch the whole process, you can check out my YouTube video linked below.... 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...