Thursday, January 11, 2018

Celebrate Sweet Moments 12x12 Layout

Hi, crafty friends..Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my latest project!
Today, I am sharing another scrapbook page layout of my sweet little girl who was eating an ice pop.
I started out with a paper from Simple Stories and prepped it with gesso so I could add some watercolors....and so I could blend out some of the print in the background.
The watercolors I used were from Prima pastel confections, Jane Davenports and Shimmerz.
I started this layout in this color scheme because I really wanted to use the bright pink flower and camera from a Hip Kit Club kit I ordered...for some reason, I had a really hard time incorporating in a layout before now and honestly, it really doesn't match my photo, but I think it works and I am really happy with the final layout!
I also used some scraps from SS as well as some papers to matt my photo from Pretty Little Studio and Heidi Swapp.
I used a cut file created by Jen Schow and painted with my watercolors...I had a mental debate whether to back it with vellum or paper, but decided not to...what do you think??
Some of the little banner stickers were from an old Kaisercraft collection that I was happy to break out....because, afterall, I am on a mission to use my stash!
There's that camera I was mentioned above and I love the way it contrasts with the doily die cut behind it...I also painted that with my watercolors.
The banner sitting on top of the camera is from Pretty Little Studio as are the little pink hearts scattered about the page....
The Blue popsicle came from Freckled Fawn is the 2nd popsicle I ended up because the 1st was a fail...If you check out my process video below, you can find out more about my trial and error!
The one that made it to the page looks good though...it was a wood veneer and I painted it with my watercolors from Prima.


I layered some flair over pink thread and a "homemade" embellishments consisting of what I like to call mixed media circles...I took a page out of Missy Whidden's book and made a mess on a clean sheet of cardstock and used my circle punches..(yes, I meant punches!) which I have a ton of, but sadly they don't get enough use, however, I keep my simple shape punches close for this easy technique...thanks Missy for reminding me of how useful our old supplies can be!


 When I started this layout, I had intended for the cut file "So Cool" to be my title, but after I was done, it still seemed like something was missing...so I decided to create another title to the right with a Little Yellow Bicycle stamp set with fantastic sentiments....I thought to myself ..." why don't I use this more often???" so I broke it out and stamped my sentiment! The "Sweet" part was from my Amy Tangerine letter stickers and I love the way it looks!
You can check out my process video from YouTube below....
 
Thanks so much for your support and checking out my blog!  I hope you enjoyed the pics of this layout and that you found some inspiration.
Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...