Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Beach Mini Album

Hi, crafty friends! Thanks for stopping by to check out my new project.
I created this mini album for our Myrtle Beach family vacation from 2016...I know..I know....that was over a year ago, but how many of us are scrapping current events...?
It took me quite some time to finish, but I am really pleased with how it turned out....I took a little hiatus from scrapbook layouts to catch up on mini albums I had planned to make and below is one of them...I hope you enjoy and find a little inspiration to create your own mini album!
 The cover includes an embossed shipboard title on a piece of acetate.  I bound the album with two rings and attached several ribbons and charms. The piece of acetate is from a Heidi Swapp collection.
 Because I have a hard time editing my content, I decided to go with a different application than the typical binder. I added eyelets to the front and back covers, then tied looped ribbons for a lobster clasp to attach to.  I found this adorable clasp on etsy.  Love it!!

 The papers and embellishments I used primarily came from the Simple Stories collection's I heart Summer & Good Day Sunshine including the die cut page above. I backed it with vellum as to avoid anything catching on the pages before and after.
 The "bliss" insert is from a Heidi Swap collection and I added washi tape to add color and texture.
 The folded page is held with a small binder clip and hides some of the small photos and journaling.  I wanted to create different types and interactive pages to keep the album interesting from beginning to end! The below pic is the inside.
 "The Good Life" page insert below is another Heidi Swapp piece.

 This picture is of my husband feeding the ducks which I backed with a project life card and stitched around.
 The pocket I created is from vellum which is attached with stitching from my sewing machine and it holds a couple of smaller project life cards that I added photos to on the back.  It also holds a tag for journaling and a folded card I created that opens up to more photos. 
 Below is a pocket page protector that I stitched closed after I inserted glitter, small embellishments, and even some small shells that we found on the beach.  Even as my daughter, Shyanne/9yo, gets older, she still gets excited to collect shells with us and when we get home, we paint and decorate them.  We have a large collection and I enjoy that crafty time with her!
 Below is another acetate page I stitched photos to...can't have a beach album without pics of the beach...right?

I love all the different size and type of pages...it makes each turn of the page unpredictable! Below on the left is a tim holtz pocket page that comes with his journal and on the right is a small page insert from Simple Stories.  I added washi tape to all of the different pocket pages because I had to repunch the holes to fit my album.
 Below on the right is a paper bag I received embellishments in from an online order and we, scrappers, don't throw anything away, do we..? not when it can be repurposed! It worked perfect to hold card that I attached a photo to. On top of the bag, I embossed chipboard starfishes with stampendous texture powders...it was a kit that including coordinating embossing powders and fragments...the texture was perfect for a beach theme...
 Below is the insert that I included in the striped paper bag.
 Below on the left is a die cut embellishments from Simple Stories that I backed with vellum and stitched closed after inserting some sequins.
 The below page was a precut banner from SS..and the pic is of my dad starting one of his famous sandcastles....At the beach, he becomes one of the kids as he breaks out his regular shovel and starts digging...He is a remodeler, and he enjoys building and it definitely shows when he starts playing in the sand.

 Below on the right is another acetate page and on the right, I sewed a pocket and created a little book with more beach photos..


 below on the right is a folded page held closed by a pink paper clip..
 
 
Below on the right is SS premade pockets, which I tucked photos and journaling in..
 We also see the pirate show at the beach each year and I took a portion of the brochure and stitched to the front of a little book I created...inside are more photos and journaling...




 The page on the right I stiched sections into a 6x8 pocket page...yes, I know there are ones already created out there, but I didn't have any at the time, so I made my own, which was challenging, but I absolutely love how it turned out!!










Thanks so much for checking out my mini album....I hope you enjoyed the pics and found some inspiration...you can check out my video of this album on YouTube as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...