Thursday, March 21, 2019

My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club// March Main Kit scrapbook layouts

 
 
Hi, crafty friends....I have new layouts to share using the My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club March Main kit. 
This kit is packed with the new Pebbles "Chasing Adventures" collection and has a lot of travel them icons and patterned papers which makes it a fun collection to use for any adventures you or your family have documented.
 
 
My first layout is based on the monthly sketch created by Laura Whitaker..pictured below....
My design came together fairly quickly when using inspiration such as this.  I used die cuts and foam stickers from the kit to embellish and I am happy with the way it turned out.
Sometimes, you just want to create and not spend too much time debating the design and using a sketch is such a great creative starter!

 
My second layout was actually the fourth layout I created using the kit and I had an idea of the overall design of the layout because at this point, I had lots of the fun little embellishments left.  I was struggling though with how to balance the layout because my photo was portrait orientation and it left the right amount of space for those embellishments, but I couldn't decide how to add my journaling!  I am not a huge story teller when it comes to my layouts, but there are some pictures that I feel definitely require more than a sentence or two to explain the event.  Since my background already had text, I couldn't place it there and I thought about adding around the border, but I thought that would be too busy and hard to see.  So, for the first time ever, yes, ever, I added my journaling on little cardstock strips and laid over top my photo.  This photo was perfect for it because all of the dark space at the bottom...I can't believe I haven't ever done this before.  I have seen it on other layouts, but never felt like it worked for me, until NOW! :) and I am super happy with the result.



My third layout, or should I say layouts :)did take the longest to finish and for good reason!  Its a double page layout!  and the first double layout I've created in years...I don't know why and think I should try to do this more often.  I had several pictures from my parents travels (that I stole from their Facebook account, hehe ) and knew I wanted to document them, but hadn't come up with an idea until I saw the cute cut files created by Ashley Horton from The Cut Shoppe.  She created a couple of cut files just for My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club based on this months kit.  You can find this cut file and others on the website and they are free for all of you to use!
Below are a couple of close ups, but I did record my whole process for my YouTube channel...you can watch how I incorporated modeling paste, this months stencil and a little mixed media in this double page layout at the link below...
 



 
 
 
Thanks so much for reading on and I hope you found some inspiration for your next travel layouts!
I created one more very special project using this kit, but thought it was worthy of a separate post to come shortly....head over to My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club to sign up for kits delivered to your door!
Please feel free to leave any comments or questions below!
Have a great day!!
 

3 comments:

  1. These are truly amazing layouts! I can't wait to reach your level of creativeness in my scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you to say!! I appreciate the support and kind words! I’m sure your layouts are fabulous whatever the level or style! As long as you are enjoying the process is all that matters!😊

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...