Monday, June 25, 2018

"You are loved" scrapbook layout //Butterfly Reflections Ink DT

Hello crafty friends...I am back to share another scrapbook layout using stamps and dies from Wplus9 and Altenew!
Actually, there are several different brands incorporated in this project!. so many lovely products to choose from!  This is of a my picture of me and my little girl while enjoying a day at the park.
 
My inspiration for this page actually started with the rose gold embossing powders Vanessa shared on the Butterfly Reflections Ink Instagram feed a little while back....I loved the way the Avery Elle Rose Gold Metallic Embossing Powder looked so I ordered it and definitely wanted to use it on my next project.
The frame around my photo was cut from the Scalloped squares die set from Pretty Pink Posh.
 
I started with a white piece of white cardstock and added a layer of  clear gesso because I knew I wanted to add some mixed media.
 I used the Geometric Heart Stencil from Echo Park and Distress Crayons to add the subtle hearts on the background.  The Tim Holtz distress retractable brush create a softer look that you can build up whereas the Tim Holtz Ink blending tools add more ink and sometimes they get caught on the stencil when applying in the circular motion. Then, I added some splatters in the same colors
 
The title of this page was created with the Altenew  "You are loved" die and embossed with the Avery Elle Rose Gold.  I embossed it two times in order to get the smooth finish.  I love the color of this, however, it made it very difficult to match...I did not have anything in my stash that really matched well, therefore, creating my own embellishments was the best way to go. 
 
 
I used the Wplus9 Pretty Little Peonies stamp set and coordinating die set from to stamp all of these beautiful flowers.  This stamp set has 2 to 3 layering images for each flower and leaf and what I love about this set is there are so many images and few really small images.  The flowers were stamped with Altenew Peach Perfect Crisp Dye Ink as my lightest color, then used Hero Arts Soft Cantaloupe and Fresh Peach as my darker color inks.  The tiny images meant for the center of the flowers were stamped with versamark ink and embossed with the same rose gold embossing powder.  The leaves were stamped with Distress Oxide Cracked Pistachio and Hero Arts Mint Julep.
 
 
 Once all of the flowers and leaves were cut, I scattered them about the page.  To balance the layout, I tore a section at the top and bottom and ripped it up some so I could layer a piece of patterned paper from Pink Paislee Paige Evan Take Me Away 6 x 6 paper pad under the tear.  I used my tiny attacher to staple the fold.  This little tear and fold in the cardstock provided a convenient place to tuck in more little flowers and leaves.
 
 
To finish up, I scattered Pretty Pink Posh clear sparkling sequins around the page and a couple of strips of washi tape from my stash.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you are inspired to create your own embellishments with flower stamps and dies and head over to the Butterfly Reflections Ink online shop to see all of the gorgeous choices to shop from!
If you'd like to watch my whole process, check out my YouTube video linked below...
Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...