Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Scrapbook Layout "Smile" for CSI April Challange

 
 
Hi, friends...I am back with another layout using my stash!
I have had some of these pieces in my stash for years and honestly, I can't even tell you where they came from...but I am happy to use them up and I hope it inspires you to pull out some of your stash and use it up! 

I was inspired by a combination of a things...I had all of these circle embellishments in my stash and when I read through the clues on case file #251 from CSI: color, stories, inspiration....it seemed like a perfect match!
You can check out their blog for all of the details, but I pulled from the prompts (not included in the image) which included circles, solid background, fabric.  Plus, I wrote my journaling directly on my background!
Below is the image included on the CSI blog case file details.... which if you look closely, doesn't relate to my project at all, however...The clues and prompts that I listed above were what inspired my layout.


What I started with were these scalloped circles that were kind of like canvas and there were a couple of different sizes and I knew I always want to paint them, but that was the extent of it...
I actually started with a piece of white cardstock, but after I got started, realized it would look a lot better with black as my background. Then, I had an idea to paint some circles behind my circle clusters and I tested out several of my paint palettes and decided on Prima's metallic paints in pink and white.  They look awesome and dry great on black cardstock!
 
 
I sprayed all of the canvas circles with paints from Shimmerz and then layered some together with my mini attacher.  I added some little embellishments from various brands...the camera is from Freckled Fawn.
The circle love die cut is from Jen Schow that I cut from on my Silhouette Cameo.

The title is a wood veneer from Michaels and I used Dylusions to create an ombre finish and then topped it off with my glaze from Journey Glaze...I love this stuff!  It acts like Glossy Accents, but dries so much faster.

 Below is a piece from Bramble Fox which works out great with my circle theme...below it, is another layered canvas circle stack that I added a white bow from Freckled Fawn.
 This is another cut file from Jen Schow which some enamel hearts from Bella Blvd and a flair button from Cuts2Luv.
 The white circle embellishment is another piece from Bramble Fox and I love this...
 I finished the layout with some splatters of paint and some enamel stars from Shimelle.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by! For more details, check out my process video on YouTube linked below and CSI blog...
 Maybe this will inspire you to use more of your stash and solve a case of your own!
Have a crafty day!!


2 comments:

  1. Really fun design with all those embellished circles! So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments!! I appreciate it!

      Delete

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...