Friday, January 26, 2018

Simon Says Stamp -Wednesday Challenge

Happy Friday friends....so, as I explore the challenges and opportunities to get involved in the crafting industry, I came upon the Simon Says Stamp challenges....not that I just stumbled upon SSS...because, I have been shopping there for years! however, I had no idea that they shared challenges each week on Monday & Wednesday....I can do that.... and someone is selected to win a $50 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp! Woohoo!!
although, after researching the gallery...it is not an easy task I'm sure...there are so many entries and the cards submitted are fantastic...but you can't win or get noticed if you don't play, right?
so, as they say, I am playing along to through my hat (or card) in the ring. :)
For this week's Wednesday Challenge, Concord & 9th products are being spotlighted and the challenge is to "layer it up".  Now, I have to admit, I do not have that many Concord & 9th products, not because I don't want them, because I absolutely do!!!  What do I have is the plaid background stamp and I love love love this!! 
I first saw it on a Jennifer McGuire video....now that I think about it, I purchase a lot of products lately because I saw them featured in one of her videos which means she is doing her job well, right?  She does a great job and certainly inspires me and then leaves me wishing I had what she has...then, before you know, I am searching for it. 
This stamp, I cherish because it took me quite a while to even find...it was sold out everywhere!! and sadly, SSS didn't have it, but I finally found it at Impress Cards...thank goodness...I was so happy when I received it, I had to start playing...
back to the details of the challenge & my cards....Below, I used the plaid stamp to create my base with my (also new) Altenew inks...The line of the plaid image is embossed with Ranger's Gold Tinsel and I love the glittery finish of this embossing powder!  The pics really don't do it justice.
I used a new die set I received from Kat Scrappiness to cut out the heart...this set has multiple hearts with a inside & outside faux stitch edge...love it! I popped up the base to create a shaker window inside that heart with pretty pink posh sequins, SSS sequins, and some tiny hearts I had in my stash.
To allow the die cut sentiment to stand out, I layered vellum heart behind it cut with the same die set as the shaker window.  The love sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set and I finished the card off with the sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
 
 Below is the second card I created.....I used the same plaid stamp to emboss the gold tinsel lines and die cut that base from a Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle die set.  I layered vellum hearts cut from the Kat Scrappiness die set and I stitched with my sewing machine down the center.  The top layer is the heart I cut out from the first card.  The sentiment is a layered die set from Simon Says Stamp. 
I finished the card by sprinkling some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

For the challenge, you can only submit (5) and I had a hard time picking because I also received a long awaited and cherished die set from Birch Press designs....the layered die set creates a beautiful pattern...and I have this pattern throughout my entire house, so of course, I had to have it!!
I also saw this for the first time in a Jennifer McGuire video! I spent hours with my paper stash bin just cutting dozens of pieces to layer and make cards...some of the color combos are not my typical style, but I put a huge dent in my paper scraps. 
 I cut more of the middle size heart dies from vellum to layer under my sentiment and even though these cards do not include Concord & 9th products, they definitely have the "layer it up" covered!!
The yellow and black card and the purple and mint cards have sentiments embossed from Honey Bee's Sending you stamp set. 
 Below, I used the same products to create more cards, just different color combinations...the little hearts that I added are from a Simon Says Stamp tiny hearts die set.  I tried to mix up the placement of the hearts and sentiments to keep them interesting and I love the way they turned out!
The sentiment is embossed with a stamp from Altenew.



Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my latest cards...If you are interested in more information on any of the products I used, please contact me and I will be happy to respond as soon as possible.  Do you have any faves???  I'd love to know your thoughts.
Have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous selection of cards Heather! They are all lovely and the layers look fabulous but the heart shaker is a winner for me.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I appreciate the kind comments and support!

      Delete

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...