Tuesday, July 24, 2018

"Sunkissed" Scrapbook Layout //Simple Stories//Butterfly Reflections Ink DT

Hey friends....I am back to share another 12 x 12 scrapbook layout with you for Butterfly Reflections Ink DT...
I am using Simple Stories Hello Summer collection and pictures of my daughter and nephew from years ago..they were enjoying some fruit juice after a dip in the pool....they are so cute at that age!!
 
I started with a piece of yellow cardstock from my stash and really wanted to use the square stickers in the 8-page sticker pack.  They seem like they are meant for planners, but I won't use them in that way so I needed to come up with a way to use them on a scrapbook layout.  I am a huge fan of grid style layouts and they are a great way to use lots of patterned papers on one project!  And in this case, I could layer the square planner stickers on most of the paper squares.
 
 
I trimmed 2 x 2 pieces from the 6 x 8 paper pad and cut my 4 x 6 photo down to (2) 2 x 4 photos. Once I laid out all of the patterned paper squares the way  I wanted, I went through the sticker sheets and added adhesive foam to each to add dimension.
 
 
I also pulled embellishments from the 6 x 12 chipboard.  Even with chipboard and adhesive foam, the layout was still lacking texture...therefore, I challenged myself with hand stitching each one of the squares with coordinating floss from my stash....yes, this took me a very long time, but completely worth it!!
 
 
For a little sparkle & shine, I added some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh Tutti Fruitti mix and Neat & Tangled Sunset Shimmer mix.  I used my precision tip bottle and glossy accents and it works so well!
 I also used the glossy accents on some of the stickers to add dimension.  It takes a while to dry, but the little sunglasses look so cute with the shine.
 
 
For a little messiness to the already structured design,  I splattered some watered down acrylic black & white paints in the corners.  For finishing details, For finishing details, I pulled some enamel hearts from Doodlebug Shape Sprinkles & Amy Tangerine Sunshine & Good Times Puffy Stickers.

 
To finish up, I added my journaling on the left side of the page and that was it....once the hand stitching was done, the layout really came together quick! 
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hop you were inspired to create a grid design with lots of patterns and color on your project! and maybe even some color coordinating stitching.....
If you like these products, head over to the shop now to get yours!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...