Tuesday, June 5, 2018

"#Adorbs" scrapbook layout //DT for Butterfly Reflections Ink //Doodlebug Designs

Hello friends! 
I have another 12 x 12 layout featuring Doodlebug Designs Hello collection. This is my second project for the Butterfly Reflections Ink design tea...YAY!
With so many beautiful pieces to work with, it is hard to narrow them down to use...I knew I wanted to use flowers and thought I would include the flowers from the collection, but with so many gorgeous patterns from the 6x6 paper pad, I decided to use the scraps I already had to back the flowers I cut on my Silhouette Cameo in white cardstock.   6x6 paper pads are perfect for backing cut files because the patterns are smaller...
This layout is of my daughter and husband at the park and it is not often that my daughter willingly allows me to take her picture so I was pleasantly surprised when she agreed to these while we were at the park....and they came out wonderful!




 

 To create my background, I used colors from the Prima Oil Pastels and smooshed it with some plastic packaging.  I wanted the color to peek through the large heart I also cut on my Silhouette.  To give it some texture, I hand stitched the border of the heart with some white thread.  I layered my photo with a couple of the patterned papers from the 6x6 paper pad and popped it up on some fun foam.

 The title #adorbs is from the Hello chit chat embellishment pack which was perfect! 
I added some of the sweet little hearts from Doodlebug heart sprinkles to the center of the flowers which added the perfect finishing touch! 
Since there was white space on the top left of my photo, I added one of the speech bubbles from the same chit chat package and layered some hearts from the Hello Odds & Ends pack.  
 
I created two clusters of the cut file flowers backed with patterned papers to the top left of the heart and under my photo for balance.  I only glued the center of the flowers in order to allow the petals of the flowers to lift for more dimension then tucked in some of the leaves.
 I love that the leaves have gold foil as does some of the flowers and other embellishments included in this collection.
 
I hope you enjoyed the pictures of my layout and are inspired to check out this collection over at Butterfly Reflections Ink!  There are so many cute pieces in this collection!
Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Thanks for sticking with me to the end of this post and I will be back soon with another project! If you'd like to se my whole process, check out my video on YouTube linked below...
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...