Monday, October 29, 2018

12x12 scrapbook layouts - Incorporate your stamp and dies //Butterfly Reflections Ink

Hey, crafty friends...I have two scrapbook layouts to share with you showcasing a matching die and stamp set.  I love using my stamps and dies to create my own backgrounds and embellishments.  Using your dies and stamps makes it easy to personalize your projects!
Plus, they are usually the more expensive items in your stash, therefore, the more use they get, the better!
 
So, I know we are days away from Halloween, but I was so excited to use these Concord & 9th products , I am skipping ahead to Winter...just temporarily...
 
I love snowflakes and the Concord & 9th Snow Flurry stamp set and matching die is one of my favorites!
 
 
 The first layout was created using the Snow Flurry stamp set on my background.  I started with a piece of white cardstock and added gesso to prep it before adding mixed media.   


 
First, I stamped the snowflake images randomly with versamark ink, then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  To make them visible and for subtle details in the background,  I used Picked Rasberry Distress Oxide Ink,  Shimmerz paints and the smooshing technique to add some color which makes the snowflakes pop!
 
 
 My title was created with Paige Evans thickers that I partially painted to make sure they stood out from the background.  The other part of the background was stamped with Archival black ink and an apha stamp from Elles Studio, but here is a comparable one from the Butterfly Reflections Ink shop -  outline alpha stamp set, then partially painted with Picked raspberry distress oxide ink.  I used Archival black ink because it is waterproof and won't smear when I added paint to it.
 
 
 The large snowflake is a Paper Issues free file cut on my Silhouette Cameo. I hand stitched the outline with pink embroidery thread and backed it with patterned paper.  I also added some little snowflake sequins from Spiegelmom Scraps inside the snowflake.
 
For finishing details, I included some Neat & Tangled sequins and white Nuvo drops.  
The die cut embellishments are from Pretty Little Studio and the flair is from A Flair for Butttons Etsy shop & Cuts2Luv Etsy Shop.
The patterned papers are from Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa collection. 
 
**************************************************************
 
The second layout used the Snow Flurry die set to add dimension and texture. 
 
 
First, to create my background I added gesso to prep the patterned paper, then used Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Ink and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide Ink to add color that would peek through the snowflakes.
 
 
 I used a snowflake Just Nick Studios file to cut on my Silhouette Cameo from patterned paper, then I cut several snowflakes from the die set.  I love this die set because even though there is only two actual dies, it cuts three pieces and can be layered multiple ways.  I cut them in patterned paper and layered them over my large snowflake cut file, then to add some shimmer, I used my Nuvo glue pen to adhere Distress vintage platinum glitter dust on the edges.
 
 
This picture is of my daughter while in my craft room with me creating Christmas cards which I cherish always.  Therefore, I had quite a bit of journaling I wanted to include and decided to tuck it in behind my "title" and picture and secured it with a tiny paper clip.

 
 
For finishing touches, I added Pinkfresh Studio heart stickers and Neat & Tangled sequins.  The flair button are from Cuts2Luv Etsy Shop and the patterned papers are from BoBunny.  Lastly, I used my Tonic Aqua shimmer pen on just about everything I could add it to!
 
  I hope you enjoyed all of the snowflakes and are inspired to head over to the Butterfly Reflections Ink online shop to check out all of the lovely holiday goodies!!  Please feel free to leave any comments or questions below. 
Have a spooky week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

December Kit share - My Creative Scrapbook Kit Club/main Kit

Hey my friends....Happy new year!! I realize this post is a little late, but I have been spending time with my family and working on new co...